miniaturization becomes much more important, especially for mobile devices, internet of things (iot) and wearable electronics. by integration of these miniaturization solutions, most electronic systems can reduce size to meet market requirements.
miniaturization brings the following benefits.
- size (xy) reduction to have more space for battery and integrate more functions
- reduce thickness (z) and weight for stylish id design
- reduce final assembly, test & pack difficulty
- improve signal integrity
- emi shielding interference
- speed up development
- better reliability-humidity and mechanical
- better logistics and inventory management
emi shielding is necessary for wireless sip module applications. conformal shielding (cfs) and compartment shielding cps) can replace traditional metal lid and metal frame for emi shielding. cfs makes use of thin film metal sputtering on the sip module’s top and edge surfaces to form emi shielding. cps uses conductive paste to fill in trench to isolate rf signal of each compartment of sip module.