through diversified educational training, usi helps its employees to cultivate professional abilities, and grow and improve in learning effectiveness. the most important learning and development system in the usi cultivation program is usi university (usiu). usiu sets up "college of management, college of technology, college of quality, college of manufacturing, and general knowledge center". the usiu president is served by the president, and the deans of the colleges and general knowledge center are respectively served by the vice presidents with prestigious and professional knowledge in each field. usiu integrates global learning resources for employees to learn and develop. for dual career ladder and learning model information, please refer to “work in usi”.
dual career ladder
usiu provides a holistic learning and development framework for employees to actively retain talents, by strengthening "dual career system" of management and professional positions. with a mission of realizing high operational performance, usi establishes an innovative learning environment and is committed to improving the employee professional quality, leadership management and innovative research and development capabilities inside the organization. it has targeted employees with different competences to plan various employee training and courses, provide them a complete learning platform, help them to solve work issues, and enhance their professional capability to reach organizational targets.
in 2021, our total training hours reached 592,663 hours, and on average, every employee was trained 30.7 hours. the training statistics for each employee category are as follows:
|category||average training hours||average training hours||average training hours||total training hours||no. of trained employees||average training hours|
enhancing employees' sustainable employability and life-long learning programs
- life-long learning programs
- usi has enhanced employees' sustainable employment ability, assisted employees doing acquiring skill and ability management and lifetime learning programs that are required for a job transfer in the future. starting from 2018, a total of 133 employees have been supported to obtain academic qualifications/degrees, and a total of 73 employees have been supported to obtain academic qualifications/degrees in 2021. the categories of employees' degrees and their majors are shown as follows:
category high school program vocational
no. of employees 16 37 2 15 3 major n/a early childhood education, administration,
visual communication design, logistics management
environmental art design, business administration information engineering, logistics management, industrial engineering, international trade mechanical and electrical engineering, finance, human development
- professional skills certification
- usi promotes the job certification system and establishes an inspection mechanism for the professional ability that each position should have. in 2019, kunshan facility became the first batch of high-skilled certification enterprises in jiangsu province. in 2021, it has already had the ability to certify three types of jobs (as special installation and adjustment electronic equipment technician, debugging broadcasting and communication equipment technician, and electronic installation in broadcasting and communication equipment technician) and four levels of qualifications for junior, middle, high, and advanced technicians. as of 2021, a total of 157 junior technicians, 311 intermediate technicians, 353 senior technicians, 90 advanced technicians. 911 skilled workers have been trained in total.
- internal instructor training program
- usi has trained and certified employees through the internal instructor system to serve as lecturers, forming a good knowledge inheritance culture, and giving full play to internal human resources and influence to provide employees with high-quality and forward-looking courses to cultivate world-class talents for the company to enhance t/he company's global competitiveness. as of the end of 2021, the number of completing internal instructor program is 867 in 2021.
|unit：no. of instructors||2018||2019||2020||2021|