environmental protection & occupational safety
ehs & energy policy
to protect the environment, conserve energy, and ensure employee safety, universal scientific industrial (shanghai) co., ltd. and its subsidiaries (hereafter referred to as “usi”) calls all suppliers, customers, contractors, business partners, and all other internal and external stakeholders to work together to minimize our environmental impact and safeguard employees in our workplaces. usi and all business partners in our value chain are required to comply with this policy in the operations, products, activities, and services they provide.
the six main pillars of this policy are:
- regulatory compliance & responding to environmental campaigns - usi will comply with all applicable local regulatory requirements and will respond to global environmental campaigns.
- management system & risk assessment - establish an ehs & energy management system in compliance with international standards to manage environmental risks and opportunities. we commit to reducing the environmental impact such as greenhouse gas emissions, waste, and energy consumption of our operations, products, services, distribution, mergers, and acquisitions and continue to develop improvement plans.
- awareness training & policy implementation - raise workplace environment health and safety awareness through continuous communication with all employees, suppliers, distributors, contractors, and other business partners. conduct training and drills to prevent environmental impact, excess resource waste, and safety hazards.
- impact mitigation & continuous improvement - mitigating the impact of climate change is our environmental responsibility. usi is committed to preventing pollution and managing its energy consumption. by enhancing our products’ environmental-friendliness and energy efficiency, usi will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and advance towards carbon neutrality.
- effective reduction & circular reuse - procure sustainable products and services and support circular economic development through conserving energy, improving process design, and reducing and reusing industrial waste.
- goal establishment & sustainable operations - set and continuously review environmental targets and goals. update our short, medium, and long-term targets progressively to ensure their effectiveness and sustainability.